List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:December 2 2005 6:33pm
Subject:Re: packarray template class - version 0.1
View as plain text
Chris Frey wrote:
>>It'd also be nice if you could mass-convert the entire array at once.
>
> Can you expound on that?  Not sure what you mean.

It appears that data is stored in the array in "network order", and data
is converted appropriately when data goes into the array and when it
comes out.  If so, my concern is of the efficiency hit.

I suppose I'm asking if the container could be made to operate in two
modes internally: data stored in network order, and data stored in host
order.  If you know you will be doing a lot of munching on, say, a big
double_pack array, you might lock it down to host order before entering
the processing loop to speed it up.  You could add a boolean flag to
indicate the state of the data, and use that to decide whether to skip
the call to the traits object to do any conversions.
Thread
packarray template class - version 0.1Chris Frey2 Dec
  • Re: packarray template class - version 0.1Warren Young2 Dec
    • Re: packarray template class - version 0.1Chris Frey2 Dec