List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:December 2 2005 12:58pm
Subject:Re: packarray template class - version 0.1
View as plain text
Chris Frey wrote:

> I decided to treat myself to some Free Software coding tonight, and you
> lucky folks can reap the benefit. :-)

Nice.  :)

>  I plan to integrate this into mysql++ eventually, and its
> SSQLS system, but would like some feedback on what's there first.

I'm glad to see that you've taken care of the endianness issue for
integers.  It was clear that the person behind the post that started all
this was just storing their data in native format, and I had to bite my
tongue not to call him out on it in the thread.

You haven't covered the floating point case, though.  The little-known
XDR standard can help here: http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1832.html  There
should be some free XDR code out there you can kipe.

It'd also be nice if you could mass-convert the entire array at once.
Thread
packarray template class - version 0.1Chris Frey2 Dec
  • Re: packarray template class - version 0.1Warren Young2 Dec
    • Re: packarray template class - version 0.1Chris Frey2 Dec