List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Frey Date:December 2 2005 8:51am
Subject:packarray template class - version 0.1
View as plain text
Hi,

I decided to treat myself to some Free Software coding tonight, and you
lucky folks can reap the benefit. :-)

Version 0.1 of the packarray template class can be downloaded here:

	http://www.netdirect.ca/~cdfrey/software/packarray.cc

This class provides an array-like interface to POD objects packed into
a std::string.  I plan to integrate this into mysql++ eventually, and its
SSQLS system, but would like some feedback on what's there first.

This class will support any POD object: int, long, short, double, even structs
if they have endian conversion members.

Compile the code like this, to run the unit test:

	g++ -Wall -D__TEST_MODE__ -o packarray packarray.cc

There are comments in the code which should explain things a little.

Once the ColData size bug is fixed, this class should slide right in. :-)

License: LGPL

Enjoy,
- Chris

Thread
packarray template class - version 0.1Chris Frey2 Dec
  • Re: packarray template class - version 0.1Warren Young2 Dec
    • Re: packarray template class - version 0.1Chris Frey2 Dec