List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Frey Date:November 28 2005 10:30pm
Subject:Re: BLOB in an SSQLS
View as plain text
On Mon, Nov 28, 2005 at 03:15:15PM -0700, Warren Young wrote:
> Viktor STARK wrote:
> >
> >The problem is that - if I understood things correctly - I can only
> >define a BLOB as a std::string. And when I execute my query and try to
> >access the data in the BLOB, it stops after the first hex 00
>
> This truncation bug may be fixable.
>
> But, don't expect it to be possible to define an SSQLS with "200 floats
> in binary format" and have the one BLOB field be busted out into those
> 200 individual fields.  SSQLS requires a 1:1 relationship between fields
> in your structure and fields in the database.

This triggered a cool idea... it should be possible to write a class to
use in SSQLS, in place of std::string, that takes a std::string in the
constructor.

Of course, after I fix the ColData size bug. :-)

- Chris

Thread
BLOB in an SSQLSViktor STARK28 Nov
  • Re: BLOB in an SSQLSChris Frey28 Nov
    • Re: BLOB in an SSQLSChris Frey28 Nov
      • Re: BLOB in an SSQLSWarren Young28 Nov
        • Re: BLOB in an SSQLSChris Frey28 Nov
  • Re: BLOB in an SSQLSWarren Young28 Nov
    • Re: BLOB in an SSQLSChris Frey28 Nov
      • Re: BLOB in an SSQLSWarren Young28 Nov
      • Re: BLOB in an SSQLSViktor STARK29 Nov
    • Re: BLOB in an SSQLSViktor STARK29 Nov