List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Viktor STARK Date:November 27 2005 11:38pm
Subject:BLOB in an SSQLS
View as plain text
Hi,

I have a table that contains a BLOB and I'd like to use an SSQLS to
query it.
e.g.
	Int
	Int
	Blob - containing 200 floats in binary format
	Varchar(128)
	Varchar(128)

I use an sql_create_5() statement to define my table elements and then I
do a query.storein() on the vector created with the structure (which in
turn is created by sql_create_5()). Everything works fine. Both Int and
Varchar fields are correct!

The problem is that - if I understood things correctly - I can only
define a BLOB as a std::string. And when I execute my query and try to
access the data in the BLOB, it stops after the first hex 00 (which is
"normal" since it's a string). Problem is that even if I access the
data() member of the string, I only get the bytes till the first 00.

So basically my question is: Is it possible to use sql_create_#() with
BLOBS or do I have to go the "standard" way (non-SSQLS way that is)?

Hope I'm just missing something obvious and I'll be able to use SSQLS
since that feature really *rocks*.

Keep up the good work,

Viktor STARK

Thread
BLOB in an SSQLSViktor STARK28 Nov
  • Re: BLOB in an SSQLSChris Frey28 Nov
    • Re: BLOB in an SSQLSChris Frey28 Nov
      • Re: BLOB in an SSQLSWarren Young28 Nov
        • Re: BLOB in an SSQLSChris Frey28 Nov
  • Re: BLOB in an SSQLSWarren Young28 Nov
    • Re: BLOB in an SSQLSChris Frey28 Nov
      • Re: BLOB in an SSQLSWarren Young28 Nov
      • Re: BLOB in an SSQLSViktor STARK29 Nov
    • Re: BLOB in an SSQLSViktor STARK29 Nov