List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:dengxy Date:November 24 2005 1:54pm
Subject:Re: Possible mistake in file `libmysqlclient.def'
View as plain text
>dengxy wrote:
>> emit an error for an unresolve external symbol named:
>>
>> mysql_more_results@4
>> mysql_next_result@4
>>
>> when building examples. However, libmysqlclient.def contains:

>> mysql_more_results
>> mysql_next_result
>>
>> After changes these 2 lines to the version above(append "@4"), the examples can be built successfully. Is this strange? Since
>> the original one can use with MySQL 4.1, or the .def file need
>> patched against MySQL 5.0?
>
>The lines without @X (where X is some number) are all technically
>mistakes.  We add the proper @X value whenever we need it.  You are
>simply discovering a new case where another @X is needed.
>
>You may want to join with "Death Gauge" in his thread to get MySQL++
>working with MinGW.  He is already working on this sort of problem.

Regretably, I found this so late that ver 2.0.7 has been shipped without patched and consequently cannot compile with MinGW by default. :( After all, the solution exists :)

Do further steps required to fix mistakes besides this posting on mailing list?

BTW, please delete the thread with the ghostly backslash I didn't typed indeed.
Thread
Possible mistake in file `libmysqlclient.def'dengxy23 Nov
  • Re: Possible mistake in file `libmysqlclient.def'Warren Young23 Nov
Re: Possible mistake in file `libmysqlclient.def'dengxy24 Nov
  • Re: Possible mistake in file `libmysqlclient.def'Warren Young28 Nov