List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:November 23 2005 8:56pm
Subject:Re: Compilers other than GCC and MSVC++
View as plain text
Chris Frey wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 17, 2005 at 05:43:11PM -0500, Spinka, Kristofer wrote:
>
>>I would like to recommend that the __GNUC__ become the
>>default in an "#else" block instead of a throwing a
>>compiler error.
>
> I suppose the compile would fail anyway if a compiler didn't have these
> strtoll-style functions.  I'd support converting the error to a warning.

I've thought this over, and for me it comes down to a question of
standards.  Both strtoll() and the 'long long' types are part of C99, so
I don't mind moving these to the #else clause of the ifdefs in question.
It would be different if these things were truly compiler- or platform-
dependent.
Thread
Compilers other than GCC and MSVC++Kristofer Spinka17 Nov
  • Re: Compilers other than GCC and MSVC++Chris Frey21 Nov
    • Re: Compilers other than GCC and MSVC++Warren Young23 Nov