List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Kristofer Spinka Date:November 22 2005 5:33pm
Subject:Re: Query class derived from std::ostream constructor issue
View as plain text
That sounds like a much better way to manage the object
creation.

Nice!

   /kristofer

> Thanks for this bug report and patch!  I believe this will affect the
> ABI, so I'm waiting for Warren's comments.
>
> I think a better way to handle this would be to use the protected
> init() member.  Regular streams like fstream and stringstream need to
> behave the same way as our Query, since they need to controll their
> own buf objects.
>
> For example, they do (from g++ headers):
>
>       basic_ifstream()
>       : __istream_type(NULL), _M_filebuf()
>       { this->init(&_M_filebuf); }
>
> This would prevent a change in the ABI.
>
> - Chris
Thread
Query class derived from std::ostream constructor issueKristofer Spinka17 Nov
  • Re: Query class derived from std::ostream constructor issueChris Frey21 Nov
    • Re: Query class derived from std::ostream constructor issueChris Frey21 Nov
      • Re: Query class derived from std::ostream constructor issueWarren Young23 Nov
        • Re: Query class derived from std::ostream constructor issueChris Frey23 Nov
Re: Query class derived from std::ostream constructor issueKristofer Spinka22 Nov