List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Adam Zerlin Date:November 16 2005 3:21am
Subject:libmysql.dll crashes when losing internet connection
View as plain text
In my application, I have queries being executed on 15 second intervals,
using mysql_ping prior to sending the queries to make sure I'm still
connected (using a persistant connection). However, if I unplug my cat5 to
simulate losing my internet connection while the application is running,
instead of skipping the query gracefully, Windows reports that
libmysql.dllhas crashed.

This area of code looks something like this:

if(connection == NULL)
return false;

if(mysql_ping(connection) != 0)
return false;

if(mysql_query(connection,query) != 0) { // query failed

} else { // execute the query

}

--

Adam

Thread
libmysql.dll crashes when losing internet connectionAdam Zerlin16 Nov
  • Re: libmysql.dll crashes when losing internet connectionAdam Zerlin16 Nov
  • Re: libmysql.dll crashes when losing internet connectionWarren Young16 Nov
    • Re: libmysql.dll crashes when losing internet connectionAdam Zerlin16 Nov