List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dave Brooks Date:November 10 2005 5:30pm
Subject:RE: Problems building lib on SunOS
View as plain text
Hi there...

> This appears to be a bug in the gcc C++ headers.  mysql++
> doesn't use C time functions, and as the include list shows,
> they are being included indirectly through stdexcept.
>
> You might try upgrading the compiler, or you can hack the
> source to include <time.h> manually, before anything else.

It appears that you may have been right Chris.  I tried building on another
SunOS box and got the same results, so I built gcc  version 4.0.1 and that
error went away.  I immeadiately ran into two more issues however:

connection.cpp: In member function 'void
mysqlpp::Connection::enable_ssl(const char*, const char*, const char*, const
char*, const char*)':
connection.cpp:589: error: 'mysql_ssl_set' was not declared in this scope
make[2]: *** [connection.lo] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr1/dtb26/dave_work/mysql++-2.0.6/lib'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr1/dtb26/dave_work/mysql++-2.0.6'
make: *** [all] Error 2

The only mysql_ssl_set(...) in mysql.h is defined as:

#ifdef HAVE_OPENSSL
int             STDCALL mysql_ssl_set(MYSQL *mysql, const char *key,
                                      const char *cert, const char *ca,
                                      const char *capath);

#endif /* HAVE_OPENSSL */

Yours has an extra char*, is there another definition somewhere I am
missing?

void
Connection::enable_ssl(const char* key, const char* cert,
                const char* ca, const char* capath, const char* cipher)
{
        mysql_ssl_set(&mysql_, key, cert, ca, capath, cipher);
}

I don't plan to use ssl, and the code will compile if I comment out this
call.  Would that effect anything else that I am not aware of?  Taking out
the extra arg didn't help, the error remained the same.

Thanks,
Dave
David Brooks
Instructional & Web Services
Academic Technology & Media Services
Cornell Information Technologies
Cornell University
(607)254-1551
dtb26@stripped
http://www.cit.cornell.edu/atc/

Thread
Problems building lib on SunOSDave Brooks9 Nov
  • Re: Problems building lib on SunOSChris Frey9 Nov
    • RE: Problems building lib on SunOSDave Brooks10 Nov
      • Re: Problems building lib on SunOSChris Frey10 Nov
        • Re: Problems building lib on SunOSOvidiu Bivolaru10 Nov
          • Re: Problems building lib on SunOSWarren Young10 Nov
            • Re: Problems building lib on SunOSOvidiu Bivolaru11 Nov
              • Re: Problems building lib on SunOSWarren Young11 Nov