List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:November 9 2005 7:55pm
Subject:Re: License Question
View as plain text
Hardy, Allan wrote:

> So what started me on all this was the statement that MySQL++ via LGPL
> was no good for use by proprietary apps.

I guess you're referring to the MySQL++ FAQ, where it states this for
Cygwin and MinGW compilers, neither of which can currently build a
dynamic version of MySQL++.  This has nothing to do with other platforms.

If you want to talk about Cygwin or MinGW, take that up in a new thread.
  Or use Visual C++, which does not have this problem.

> I assume then it only allows for static linking?

I link a proprietary application to MySQL++ every day, dynamically.  So
no, you cannot have my object files.  :)
Thread
License QuestionAllan Hardy9 Nov
  • Re: License QuestionChris Frey9 Nov
    • Re: License QuestionWarren Young9 Nov