List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Frey Date:November 9 2005 6:51pm
Subject:Re: License Question
View as plain text
On Wed, Nov 09, 2005 at 01:29:42PM -0500, Hardy, Allan wrote:
> What I meant by no significant advantages is that as you said, providing
> the object code and pieces needed to do this is onerous, and while it is
> technically/legally a choice its very impractical, right?  I mean I
> believe that's what I hear you and chris saying?

I'm not saying there's no significant advantage.  If you're writing
closed source apps, the LGPL is a significant advantage, since it lets
you do it at all.

I'm not sure what your goal or real question is anymore. :-)  Originally,
mysql++ and mysql could be used, via LGPL, in closed source apps.  That
has since changed for mysql, but not for mysql++.

If closed source is your goal, then as Warren mentioned, buy a commercial
license from MySQL AB that lets you link with mysql++, and everybody's
happy.  mysql++'s LGPL won't stop you in this case, as I understand it.

- Chris

Thread
License QuestionAllan Hardy9 Nov
  • Re: License QuestionChris Frey9 Nov