List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Allan Hardy Date:November 9 2005 12:11am
Subject:License Question
View as plain text
I have some confusion about the licensing, hopefully someone can set me
straight.

Where the description page says "Since MySQL++ is licensed under the
LGPL, you cannot link it statically to closed-source programs"

My understanding is just the opposite.
That one can link to LGPL programs without the copyleft, GPL licensing,
issues.
So closed source programs can use LGPL, that's like the whole reason for
GPL.

Perhaps I've taken something out of context?

Allan Hardy

Thread
License QuestionAllan Hardy9 Nov
  • Re: License QuestionChris Frey9 Nov