Thanks for the quick response! I have not tried your patch yet (I
will!), but I did come up with another solution once I gave it some time
to think it over. My other solution is to use the rename() predicate of
the #import directive that I am using to generate the msado15.*
interface files to rename ADO's Field, Fields and Connection objects.
From: Chris Frey [mailto:cdfrey@stripped]
Sent: Tuesday, November 01, 2005 11:27 AM
Subject: Re: mysql++ and ADO namespace conflict
On Mon, Oct 31, 2005 at 08:53:58PM -0800, David Parker wrote:
> The first problem I ran into was that both ADO and mysql++ define
> Fields and Connection classes. I did not think this would be an
> because I could just not use the "using mysqlpp" directive and
> all of the mysql++ names explicitly, but I was also trying to use the
> nifty SSQLS functionality, and it turns out that the sql_create_x
> will not compile unless "using mysqlpp;" has been declared.
That's a bug! :-)
Try this patch. You'll need to download it from the following link, as
the mailing list won't accept patches this big.
This patch changes the custom.pl and the custom*.cpp examples to use
the mysqlpp:: namespace explicitly, which should fix your problem.
The makefile should regenerate custom-macros.h for you, but keep an eye
on it. This patch only changes the perl script.
MySQL++ Mailing List
For list archives: http://lists.mysql.com/plusplus