List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Frey Date:November 1 2005 7:26pm
Subject:Re: mysql++ and ADO namespace conflict
View as plain text
On Mon, Oct 31, 2005 at 08:53:58PM -0800, David Parker wrote:
> The first problem I ran into was that both ADO and mysql++ define Field,
> Fields and Connection classes.  I did not think this would be an issue,
> because I could just not use the "using mysqlpp" directive and reference
> all of the mysql++ names explicitly, but I was also trying to use the
> nifty SSQLS functionality, and it turns out that the sql_create_x macros
> will not compile unless "using mysqlpp;" has been declared.

That's a bug! :-)

Try this patch.  You'll need to download it from the following link, as
the mailing list won't accept patches this big.

	http://www.netdirect.ca/~cdfrey/mysql++-2.0.6-namespace.patch

This patch changes the custom.pl and the custom*.cpp examples to use
the mysqlpp:: namespace explicitly, which should fix your problem.

The makefile should regenerate custom-macros.h for you, but keep an eye
on it.  This patch only changes the perl script.

Enjoy,
- Chris

Thread
mysql++ and ADO namespace conflictDavid Parker1 Nov
  • Re: mysql++ and ADO namespace conflictChris Frey1 Nov
    • Re: mysql++ and ADO namespace conflictWarren Young1 Nov
      • Re: mysql++ and ADO namespace conflictChris Frey2 Nov
RE: mysql++ and ADO namespace conflictDavid Parker1 Nov