List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Troy Jennings Date:October 31 2005 4:25pm
Subject:Newbie problems accessing data in result set and re-using the query
identifier
View as plain text
I am using the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 beta environment and have
successfully built this project several times.  Up until now I had been
performing queries simply to see if there is a result or not (basically
counting the number of records).  Now I need to actually use some of the
data that I have queried for.

I added these three lines to the code:

        patron_id_temp = res[1][2];
        minutes_remaining_temp = res[1][4];
        query = "";

An attempt to build results in these corresponding errors:
.\SCPL.cpp(312) : error C2676: binary '[' : 'mysqlpp::Result' does not
define this operator or a conversion to a type acceptable to the
predefined operator
.\SCPL.cpp(313) : error C2676: binary '[' : 'mysqlpp::Result' does not
define this operator or a conversion to a type acceptable to the
predefined operator
.\SCPL.cpp(314) : error C2679: binary '=' : no operator found which
takes a right-hand operand of type 'const char [1]' (or there is no
acceptable conversion)
        c:\pgina development project\mysql++-2.0.0\lib\query.h(212):
could be 'mysqlpp::Query &mysqlpp::Query::operator =(const
mysqlpp::Query &)'
        while trying to match the argument list '(mysqlpp::Query, const
char [1])'

The first two lines are meant to pull data so that I can use it in a
subsequent INSERT query.  The third line attempts to clear the previous
query string so that I can re-use it.

I have tried searching the list, the documentation, and the internet,
but have been unable to find any helpful guidance.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Troy Jennings
Sioux City Public Library
(712) 255-2933 x 250
tjennings@stripped

Thread
Newbie problems accessing data in result set and re-using the queryidentifierTroy Jennings31 Oct
  • Re: Newbie problems accessing data in result set and re-using the query identifierChris Frey31 Oct
    • Re: Newbie problems accessing data in result set and re-using thequery identifierTroy Jennings1 Nov
  • Re: Newbie problems accessing data in result set and re-using thequery identifierWarren Young31 Oct