List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ovidiu Bivolaru Date:October 10 2005 7:09pm
Subject:Re: problem saving and retrieving an AUTO_INCREMENT value using MySQL
variable and LAST_INSERT_ID()
View as plain text
Hi Steve,

 Keep the the insert_id() after each executed QueryParent in a variable
which you can use later for storing in child queries.

PS: I will always forget to use Reply to All and my initial reply was
not sent to the list too. Sorry!

Regards,
Ovidiu

Steve Povilaitis wrote:

> Thanks for the prompt reply! I also noticed another problem. From reading
>the mySQL documentation variable's aren't persistent across connections.
>Since I was using separate connections for the parent and child classes the
>variable isn't visible between the two. Thanks again for your help!
>
>Steve

Thread
problem saving and retrieving an AUTO_INCREMENT value using MySQL variable and LAST_INSERT_ID()Steve Povilaitis10 Oct
RE: problem saving and retrieving an AUTO_INCREMENT value using MySQL variable and LAST_INSERT_ID()Steve Povilaitis10 Oct
  • Re: problem saving and retrieving an AUTO_INCREMENT value using MySQLvariable and LAST_INSERT_ID()Warren Young10 Oct
  • Re: problem saving and retrieving an AUTO_INCREMENT value using MySQLvariable and LAST_INSERT_ID()Ovidiu Bivolaru10 Oct