List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:October 10 2005 5:28pm
Subject:Re: makefile hacking
View as plain text
Thomas Werth wrote:

> just played around with makefiles.

There's a nonzero chance that we're moving to Bakefile as of v2.1.  I
don't know for certain yet, because Bakefile isn't 100% suited to our
needs, and it isn't yet clear whether I can get patches into the main
source base.  If I can't help improve it, its effective value goes way down.

> echo 	cd lib ^&^& $(MAKE) LIB_BASE=mysqlppd BIN_DIR=debug all
> example_setup >> Makefile

That overrides the naming policy for all build targets.  I'm not sure
that's such a great idea.  I'd be much happier if you changed only
Makefile.vc.  Now that we're using GNU make, it shouldn't be hard to add
logic to change the library name at build time.  My recommendation would
be to change the install target, rather than the build target, since
that will keep the dependency rules simple.

But again, don't spend a lot of time on this.  All your work might well
be for naught.

> while playing around i noticed examples/makefile.vc of examples is not
> on state to lib/makefile.vc
>
> LibName is no var ( like mysql path, too) in examples. So if a user
> changes var in lib/makefile.vc adaption of examples isn't done in same
> way ( which is a k.o  for my hack, else hack would do it work fine with
> examples ,too ).

If I understand your meaning, your complaint is that there is more than
one place to change certain Makefile variables.  To fix that, you could
possibly create a Makefile.vc in the project root, and update
makemake.bat so that it prepended that to lib/Makefile.vc and
examples/Makefile.vc when making the subdirectory makefiles.
Thread
RELEASE: v2.0.6Warren Young28 Sep
  • makefile hackingThomas Werth10 Oct
    • Re: makefile hackingWarren Young10 Oct
Re: RELEASE: v2.0.6Imperio5928 Sep
  • RE: RELEASE: v2.0.6Patrick McMichael28 Sep
    • Re: RELEASE: v2.0.6Warren Young28 Sep
      • RE: RELEASE: v2.0.6Patrick McMichael28 Sep
        • Re: RELEASE: v2.0.6Warren Young28 Sep
RE: RELEASE: v2.0.6Imperio5929 Sep
  • RE: RELEASE: v2.0.6Patrick McMichael29 Sep