List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:September 26 2005 8:45pm
Subject:Re: cygwin compilation
View as plain text
Bernd Prager wrote:
> - creating a symbolic link libmysqlclient_r.a to libmysqlclient.la

Sorry, but that's wrong.

First, the .a vs. .la thing is a libtool thing: if you don't have the
libtool files, you need to build them, not fake them with symlinks.

Second, the reentrant vs. regular version of libmysqlclient: if you're
building MySQL++ with thread support, you really need the reentrant
libmysqlclient, not a symlink to the other version.

> - moving the -lz linker option to the end "LIBS = -lmysqlclient_r -lz"

I'm going to have to do some thinking to decide the right way to make
that happen.  I may have to add a dedicated zlib autoconf test.

> I don't know why cygwin is so sensitive with the libz library

Dependent libraries have to be listed before their dependencies because
the GNU linker deals with the libraries right to left: since
libmysqlclient depends on libz, if the linker hasn't found the functions
in libz by the time it starts looking at the imports in libmysqlclient,
it complains.
Thread
cygwin compilationBernd Prager26 Sep
  • Re: cygwin compilationWarren Young26 Sep