List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Frey Date:September 24 2005 10:26pm
Subject:Re: Linking error after libstdc++ update
View as plain text
On Sat, Sep 24, 2005 at 03:34:54PM +0300, Ville Matilainen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recently updated KDE to 3.4.2, which also updated libstdc++ to
> libstdc++6. After this update I tried to compile a project that has
> compiled without problems before and got a bunch of undefined
> references (see below). I recompiled mysql++ and updated binutils but
> that had no effect.
>
> Any ideas what could've caused this? I'm using g++ 4.0.2 on Debian.

Is g++ 4.0.x the only compiler on your system?  If not, did you compile
mysql++ with the right one?

Did you compile mysql++ yourself?  Or did you use the unstable package?
Is the version in /usr/lib the one you expect?

I'd double check your recompile of mysql++, since some assumption is probably
incorrect in that toolchain usage.

Also, double check your project build.  Do you have multiple versions
of mysql++ installed?  Perhaps one in /usr/local?

Just some questions off the top of my head.  I'm successfully compiling
mysql++ here with g++ 4.0.1, so it's likely just a bug in your build
process for mysql++ or your project.

- Chris

Thread
Linking error after libstdc++ updateVille Matilainen24 Sep
  • Re: Linking error after libstdc++ updateChris Frey25 Sep
  • Re: Linking error after libstdc++ updateErwin25 Sep
    • Re: Linking error after libstdc++ updateVille Matilainen26 Sep
      • Re: Linking error after libstdc++ updateWarren Young26 Sep
        • Re: Linking error after libstdc++ updateChris Frey26 Sep
          • Re: Linking error after libstdc++ updateVille Matilainen27 Sep