List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Owen Canavan Date:September 20 2005 7:07pm
Subject:Re: Problem with vc Makefile with 2.0.5
View as plain text
I managed to get everything compiled manually, but there is still that
problem with the initial makefile.

Owen

Owen Canavan wrote:

> First of all I suppose I should say this process is a bit foreign to
> me and I have little previous experience with makefiles and the like.
> I've had a look around to make sure I'm not missing something totally
> obvious here.
>
> Anyway, this is my first time attempting to use mysql++ and have
> downloaded the 2.0.5 release for use with Visual C++ 2005 Express Beta 2.
> I was initially getting the %BUILDSYS problems with using "makemake
> vc", but I edited makemake with the changes posted by Warren and the
> Makefiles were created, which was the following for the project root:
>
> all:
> @cmd /c mkbindirs.bat
> cd lib && $(MAKE) BIN_DIR=debug all example_setup
> cd lib && $(MAKE) BIN_DIR=release
> cd examples && $(MAKE)
>
> install: all
> @cmd /c install.bat vc
>
> clean debug release:
> cd lib && $(MAKE) $@
> cd examples && $(MAKE) $@
>

> I got a copy of gnu make, but when I try to run it (assuming I just
> have to use "make", correct?) I get the following
> "makefile:2: *** missing separator.  Stop."
> I've read that this is generally a whitespace vs tab issue on line 2,
> but as I've said I'm not too familiar with the correct syntax here, so
> I'm not sure if there is a problem with that Makefile or just my
> attempt to use it.
>
> I then went and tried to manually execute the commands listed, but got
> further (different) errors down the line with the lib makefile. But
> before I ask about them I wanted to be sure they weren't a result of
> not running this step correctly.
> So am I doing something obviously stupid?
>
> Thanks for any help
>
> Regards,
> Owen Canavan
>

> ---
> Virus Database (VPS): 0538-3, 20/09/2005
> Tested on: 20/09/2005 16:15:12
> avast! is copyright (c) 2000-2003 ALWIL Software.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0538-4, 20/09/2005
Tested on: 20/09/2005 20:07:05

Problem with vc Makefile with 2.0.5Owen Canavan20 Sep
  • Re: Problem with vc Makefile with 2.0.5Owen Canavan20 Sep
  • Re: Problem with vc Makefile with 2.0.5Warren Young21 Sep
    • "Debug assertion failed" problemKrzysztof Machelski24 Sep
      • Re: "Debug assertion failed" problemChris Frey25 Sep
      • Re: "Debug assertion failed" problemWarren Young26 Sep