List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Owen Canavan Date:September 20 2005 3:15pm
Subject:Problem with vc Makefile with 2.0.5
View as plain text
First of all I suppose I should say this process is a bit foreign to me
and I have little previous experience with makefiles and the like.
I've had a look around to make sure I'm not missing something totally
obvious here.

Anyway, this is my first time attempting to use mysql++ and have
downloaded the 2.0.5 release for use with Visual C++ 2005 Express Beta 2.
I was initially getting the %BUILDSYS problems with using "makemake vc",
but I edited makemake with the changes posted by Warren and the
Makefiles were created, which was the following for the project root:

all:
@cmd /c mkbindirs.bat
cd lib && $(MAKE) BIN_DIR=debug all example_setup
cd lib && $(MAKE) BIN_DIR=release
cd examples && $(MAKE)

install: all
@cmd /c install.bat vc

clean debug release:
cd lib && $(MAKE) $@
cd examples && $(MAKE) $@

I got a copy of gnu make, but when I try to run it (assuming I just have
to use "make", correct?) I get the following
"makefile:2: *** missing separator.  Stop."
I've read that this is generally a whitespace vs tab issue on line 2,
but as I've said I'm not too familiar with the correct syntax here, so
I'm not sure if there is a problem with that Makefile or just my attempt
to use it.

I then went and tried to manually execute the commands listed, but got
further (different) errors down the line with the lib makefile. But
before I ask about them I wanted to be sure they weren't a result of not
running this step correctly.
So am I doing something obviously stupid?

Thanks for any help

Regards,
Owen Canavan

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0538-3, 20/09/2005
Tested on: 20/09/2005 16:15:12

Problem with vc Makefile with 2.0.5Owen Canavan20 Sep
  • Re: Problem with vc Makefile with 2.0.5Owen Canavan20 Sep
  • Re: Problem with vc Makefile with 2.0.5Warren Young21 Sep
    • "Debug assertion failed" problemKrzysztof Machelski24 Sep
      • Re: "Debug assertion failed" problemChris Frey25 Sep
      • Re: "Debug assertion failed" problemWarren Young26 Sep