List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:September 19 2005 7:04pm
Subject:Re: locable.h: strange design dessision??
View as plain text
pps wrote:

> As far as I understand this will allow people to download newer
> mysqlpp.dll and just replace it without rebuilding, am I correct?

Within a major version, yes, that's the idea.

> What's ABI stands for?? :)

Application Binary Interface.  That is, a program using a dynamic or
shared library version of MySQL++ has expectations such as object layout
that must be preserved within a major version.  Essentially, we're
promising not to break the ABI until v3.x.

> How many overrides for this class there might be? (1 or 2 more).

I anticipate only 2 right now, both of which I mentioned in my previous
message.

> Anyways, threadingmodel classes could be all inside headers without .cpp
> files... if that solves this problem

No, it doesn't help, because Lockable is used as a base class.  If its
object layout changes, the ABI of classes derived from it also change.
Thread
locable.h: strange design dessision??Unknown Sender19 Sep
  • Re: locable.h: strange design dessision??Warren Young19 Sep
    • Re: locable.h: strange design dessision??Unknown Sender19 Sep
      • Re: locable.h: strange design dessision??Warren Young19 Sep