List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From: Date:January 1 1970 12:00am
Subject:Re: locable.h: strange design dessision??
View as plain text
Warren Young wrote:
> The purpose of hiding the implementation behind a pointer is so we can
> change that implementation without breaking the library's ABI, which
> adding data to a plain Lockable base class would do.

As far as I understand this will allow people to download newer
mysqlpp.dll and just replace it without rebuilding, am I correct?
What's ABI stands for?? :)
How many overrides for this class there might be? (1 or 2 more).
Anyways, threadingmodel classes could be all inside headers without .cpp
files... if that solves this problem
Thread
locable.h: strange design dessision??Unknown Sender19 Sep
  • Re: locable.h: strange design dessision??Warren Young19 Sep
    • Re: locable.h: strange design dessision??Unknown Sender19 Sep
      • Re: locable.h: strange design dessision??Warren Young19 Sep