List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From: Date:January 1 1970 12:00am
Subject:Re: [OBORONA-SPAM] Re: What's that error in tutorial?!?
View as plain text
Chris Frey wrote:
> The docs are correct, although misleading without a knowledge of the code.
>
> mysql++'s row object calls std::vector's at() from inside its own
> operator[], so the standard library will indeed throw an execption.
>
> Only row::raw_data() uses std::vector::operator[].
>
> - Chris

Ok, thanks, my fault!!

another question - what's wrong with the vc project files?!? Many people
use it and as a convenience it's ok to put project files for vc 7.1,
more over that strange "makemake vc" simply doesn't work for me... (I
got "BUILDSYSd was unexpected at this time.")
I use freebsd but before I do something on it, I try on WinXP (and I
always use vc IDE for coding)

another thing

html/breakages.html:
=============
Row  subscripting works more like v1.7.9: one can subscript a Row  with
a string (e.g. row["myfield"]), or with an integer (e.g. row[5]).
lookup_by_name()  was removed. Because row[0]  is ambiguous (0 could
mean the first field, or be a null pointer to const char*), there is now
Row::at(), which can look up any field by index.

row[0] ambiguouty could be avoided if proper technique involving
templates is used, so that row[0] only calls int subscript version

Thread
What's that error in tutorial?!?Unknown Sender17 Sep
  • Re: What's that error in tutorial?!?Chris Frey17 Sep
    • Re: [OBORONA-SPAM] Re: What's that error in tutorial?!?Unknown Sender18 Sep
      • Re: [OBORONA-SPAM] Re: What's that error in tutorial?!?Chris Frey18 Sep
        • Re: What's that error in tutorial?!?Warren Young19 Sep