List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:September 15 2005 7:51pm
Subject:Re: libtool request
View as plain text
Andres Salomon wrote:

> I'm not sure why the decision was made to call it libsqlplus

That was the shared library file's old name, through 1.7.9.  I changed
it when I took over maintenance of MySQL++ last year.

 > if anyone has a better suggestion than libmysql++ or
> libmysqlplusplus, let me know.  I'm also considering libmysqlpp.

We use names based on mysqlpp whenever the + signs aren't allowed for
some reason.  For instance, some linkers don't like + signs in their
file names, so that's why we've standardized on "mysqlpp"-based
filenames.  Where that isn't a problem, mysql++ is a more accruate base
name.  But then again, it seems that Debian likes to name its packages
after the actual file names within, so you could choose to use
libmysqlpp to maintain that scheme.
Thread
libtool requestAndres Salomon14 Sep
  • Re: libtool requestWarren Young15 Sep
    • Re: libtool requestAndres Salomon15 Sep
      • Re: libtool requestChris Frey15 Sep