List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Andres Salomon Date:September 15 2005 1:30pm
Subject:Re: libtool request
View as plain text
On Thu, 2005-09-15 at 06:51 -0400, Chris Frey wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 15, 2005 at 01:11:34AM -0400, Andres Salomon wrote:
> > Ok.  Well, I guess as long as you're aware that the libtool being used
> > is out of date.  I can easily update the libtool stuff for debian
> > packages, but I was hoping to get it updated upstream so I wouldn't
> > potentially forget every time I packaged up a new release.
>
> Is mysql++ going into Debian officially?  This would be excellent.
>
> Gentoo is the only distro to have it officially.... at least that I know of.
> A quick search tells me they have 2.0.4 in portage already, as an unstable
> ebuild, which is cool.
>
> - Chris

It has been in Debian for a while, but under a non-intuitive name:

http://packages.qa.debian.org/m/mysql++.html

I'm not sure why the decision was made to call it libsqlplus (I assume
it was based on the sqlplus.hh header name).  I've been itching to
rename it; if anyone has a better suggestion than libmysql++ or
libmysqlplusplus, let me know.  I'm also considering libmysqlpp.

Thread
libtool requestAndres Salomon14 Sep
  • Re: libtool requestWarren Young15 Sep
    • Re: libtool requestAndres Salomon15 Sep
      • Re: libtool requestChris Frey15 Sep