List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Vaclav Slavik Date:September 15 2005 8:10am
Subject:Re: Bakefile
View as plain text
Hi,

> If the end user has to install Bakefile in order to install / build
> mysql++,

End users don't have to install Bakefile. That's the whole point of
Bakefile, it generates native makefiles that don't depend on anything
non-native. I would think it's pretty clear from the description at
bakefile.sourceforge.net, but maybe I'm too used to the concept:

    Bakefile is cross-platform, cross-compiler native makefiles
    generator. It takes compiler-independent description of build
    tasks as input and generates native makefile (autoconf's
    Makefile.in, Visual C++ project, bcc makefile etc.).

    Bakefile's task is to generate native makefiles, so that people
    can keep using their favorite tools. There are other
    cross-platform make solutions, but they either aren't native and
    require the user to use unfamiliar tools (Boost.Build) or they are
    too limited (qmake).

Regards,
Vaclav

--