List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:September 14 2005 11:53pm
Subject:Re: SSQL multiple definition errors
View as plain text
terry johnston wrote:
> i want to create some objects in my library that contain SSQL structures
> - so i might have a widget class that contains an SSQL stock & an SSQL
> price - the widget object would be used in the higher level appication,
> requiring knowledge of the SSQL definitions, hence the redefinition
> problem - can i do this?

Not as the SSQLS macros are presently implemented.

There's no shortage of knowledge of the problem's nature, nor of hacky
fixes for the problem.  What is wanted is an elegant fix.

You can find some suggestions for fixes in the Wishlist.  The only
reason the problem has gone unfixed for so long is that most people just
work around it somehow.  But if you're determined to use the SSQLS
definitions throughout your program, it seems you have the motivation to
fix it.

If I were to tackle this problem, I'd try the "sub-macro" suggestion
first, then the "MFC macro" one next, then the "add a parameter" and if
all that failed I'd resort to the redesign option.  Also, there's
another Wishlist item two down from that (the "boilerplate" one) which
may also inform your efforts.
Thread
SSQL multiple definition errorsterry johnston14 Sep
  • Re: SSQL multiple definition errorsChris Frey14 Sep
    • SSQL multiple definition errorsterry johnston14 Sep
      • Re: SSQL multiple definition errorsWarren Young15 Sep