List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:September 14 2005 10:25pm
Subject:Re: Link Error
View as plain text
Haines, Charles A. wrote:

> QCC -L/usr/lib -L/usr/local/mysql/lib -lm -lsocket -lmysqlpp -lmysqlclient
> -lz -o bin/SFXCounter bin/CounterCard.o bin/SFXCounter.o

Order of parameters matters to most linkers.  You want the least generic
things (e.g. your program objects) first, and the most generic things
(e.g. libm) last.  libmysqlpp and libmysqlclient come in the middle, in
that order.

> Usually this is because I'm not linking against the mysqlpp library,

Are you saying that you have gotten it to work before?  I hope for a
success report when you do get it working.
Thread
Link ErrorCharles A. Haines14 Sep
  • Re: Link ErrorWarren Young15 Sep