List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Frey Date:September 14 2005 9:01am
Subject:Re: SSQL multiple definition errors
View as plain text
On Wed, Sep 14, 2005 at 08:21:23AM +0000, terry johnston wrote:
> Hello all
> i am trying to use some SSQL structures in a library built around mysql++ &
> cannot seem to avoid multiple definition errors - i have seen some comments
> saying that changes may be made to the SSQL macros at some point but can
> anyone please tell me if there are workarounds to achieve this in the
> short-term - if not, how do people use SSQL in the context of a larger
> project?

I believe the main idea is to create an application-specific API that
you use for all your database interaction.  The API implementation is
done in one .cpp file, and you only need to include SSQLS once.

The other advantage to doing it this way is that you can reimplement your
database routines to use different database backends, if you need to.

- Chris

Thread
SSQL multiple definition errorsterry johnston14 Sep
  • Re: SSQL multiple definition errorsChris Frey14 Sep
    • SSQL multiple definition errorsterry johnston14 Sep
      • Re: SSQL multiple definition errorsWarren Young15 Sep