List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Thomas Werth Date:September 14 2005 8:03am
Subject:Re: RELEASE: v2.0.5
View as plain text
I'm getting stuck using provided makemake vc .

I installed cygwin but get an error about buildsysd when runnning
makemake vc .
VC Vars were setup , makefile.vc pointed to mysql and in one testrun
cygwin.dll path was complete adapted.
I'm sure i might miss somekind so i ask for some improvement to vc build
documentation.
I need to build dynamic dll so static variant like cygwin or mingw is
actual no option.

Warren Young schrieb:
> This version is mostly changes to the build system.  If your current
> version is working, you can stick with it.
>
>     o Visual C++ build now requires GNU make.  It is tested to work
>       with either the Cygwin or the MinGW versions.  The previous
>       version of MySQL++ used nmake.  This change enabled the
>       following features:
>
>         o Debug and Release versions are both built into
>           separate subdirectories.
>
>         o Dependency tracking for release version works
>           correctly now.  (Previously dependencies worked
>           only for debug version.)
>
>         o 'make clean' removes release version binaries
>           in addition to debug versions.
>
>     o MinGW makemake support updated to support new release/debug
>       subdirectory system.  This is probationary support, since
>       this code currently can't be built as a DLL.  As a result,
>       it is no more useful than the Cygwin version, for licensing
>       reasons.
>
>     o Several fixes to allow building on Solaris 8.  These fixes may
>       also help on other SVR4-derived systems.
>
>     o Removed Borland C++ makemake support, because this version
>       of the library does not work completely, and there seems
>       to be almost no user interest in fixing it.
>
>     o Clarified "Handling SQL Nulls" section of user manual's
>       Tutorial chapter.

Thread
RELEASE: v2.0.5Warren Young13 Sep
  • Re: RELEASE: v2.0.5Chris Frey13 Sep