List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:September 13 2005 8:43pm
Subject:Re: MySQL++ on MinGW
View as plain text
Zahroof Mohamed wrote:

>  This is the whole problem. I don't understand what you are saying
> (Subversion tree, svn etc).

So...every last one of you who wants MinGW supports claims incompetence.
  If not one of you three, then who else?  Ignorance is not permanent.

I've thrown you guys a bone: for the v2.0.5 release, I've updated the
current MinGW stuff so that it works within the current build system.  I
even updated README.mingw for you.  It's time to stand and deliver.
Tell me how to get it to build a working DLL, and the support will stay.
  Otherwise...

> there
> are people in this community who see the potential of your work and apply it
> but are not technically capable in this field in order to contribute to it

If MySQL++ were something other than a programmer's library, I'd have
sympathy with that position.  But by claiming that you cannot figure out
Subversion, or the build tools you use, or any other such thing, you
admit you have no business being a programmer.

I don't think that's the case.  I think you just aren't trying.  Have
you visited http://subversion.tigris.org/ to learn about Subversion?
Have you visited http://www.gnu.org/software/make/ to learn about GNU
make?  Have you visited http://www.gna.org/projects/mysqlpp/ to learn
about our development hosting system?  Have you asked about this on the
MinGW mailing lists?  If the answer to all of these isn't "yes", you
aren't trying hard enough.  All of these are free resources.

> I don't know patch is let alone how to create it.

You haven't read the HACKERS file, then.

> This prose might actually help someone else within this community who is in
> the same boat as I am in - people who can deal better with prose rather than
> patches.

I would say it's better if you make the effort to submit a patch so that
the change is in MySQL++, so people don't have to search the mailing
list for your previous posts.

>  May the Force be with you.

"Do, or do not.  There is no try." -- Yoda.
Thread
MySQL++ on MinGWboka man13 Sep
  • Re: MySQL++ on MinGWWarren Young13 Sep
    • Re: MySQL++ on MinGWZahroof Mohamed13 Sep
      • RE: MySQL++ on MinGWPatrick McMichael13 Sep
        • Re: MySQL++ on MinGWZahroof Mohamed13 Sep
          • Re: MySQL++ on MinGWWarren Young13 Sep
            • Re: MySQL++ on MinGWWarren Young13 Sep
            • Re: MySQL++ on MinGWZahroof Mohamed13 Sep
              • Re: MySQL++ on MinGWWarren Young13 Sep
                • RE: MySQL++ on MinGWPatrick McMichael14 Sep
                  • Re: MySQL++ on MinGWWarren Young15 Sep