List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:September 13 2005 5:39pm
Subject:Re: MySQL++ on MinGW
View as plain text
boka man wrote:
> reason i am working on is because of its ide Dev C++. i personally find
> ide's better than command lines(cause i am new to development).

On Windows, IDEs generally are indeed better than command lines, but
that's mainly because the Windows command line sucks, and the
alternatives are also imperfect.

The problem with IDEs, though, is that everyone has his own choice, and
they all use incompatible project files.  I cannot support them all, so
my current solution is to support none of them.  I realize this isn't
ideal, either, but it's the position that works best for me.

Ah, no.  Read this: http://lists.mysql.com/plusplus/4702

> now that u are saying that making mysql++ wrk on mingw is not wise,

I'm not saying that it's unwise to use MinGW.  I'm just saying that,
until the DLL problem is fixed, MinGW loses its primary advantage over
Cygwin.

Since the Cygwin port works, I have no incentive to support MinGW in
this situation.  Change the situation, and I will change my mind.

> can u give me a more detailed look at it or places to get the
> info? and how i can contribute to make this possible?

You need to learn how to get MinGW to make a MySQL++ DLL, and then how
to contribute a tasteful patch.  Ugly patches get rejected.
Thread
MySQL++ on MinGWboka man13 Sep
  • Re: MySQL++ on MinGWWarren Young13 Sep
    • Re: MySQL++ on MinGWZahroof Mohamed13 Sep
      • RE: MySQL++ on MinGWPatrick McMichael13 Sep
        • Re: MySQL++ on MinGWZahroof Mohamed13 Sep
          • Re: MySQL++ on MinGWWarren Young13 Sep
            • Re: MySQL++ on MinGWWarren Young13 Sep
            • Re: MySQL++ on MinGWZahroof Mohamed13 Sep
              • Re: MySQL++ on MinGWWarren Young13 Sep
                • RE: MySQL++ on MinGWPatrick McMichael14 Sep
                  • Re: MySQL++ on MinGWWarren Young15 Sep