List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:September 13 2005 5:25pm
Subject:Re: MySQL++ on MinGW
View as plain text
Zahroof Mohamed wrote:
> Problem is that Warren is so active that every week almost there is
> a new release.

I call that a feature.  "Release early, release often." -- E.S.R.

> I'd like to download
> the stable release of MySQL++ and work with that.

Have you considered using the Subversion tree?  In a sense, this will
put you even more on the bleeding edge, but it will also relieve you of
having to integrate each new version into your tree.  When you're done
making changes, svn can be asked to generate a patch file.  (See the
HACKERS file.)  I'm far more likely to apply a tested patch than react
to a prose description of needed changes.

>   By the way, I'm using Parinya software's IDE to do my work. I tried out
> Dev C++ at one point and had some problems. I've found that I need to
> recompile everything that I'd like to link to on the version of MinGW's gcc
> compilers for it to link properly.

Just a friendly warning: if your solution involves making people use the
same IDE you do, I'll reject it.  In the specific case of MinGW, you
need to figure out some way that anyone can build it, regardless of IDE.
Thread
MySQL++ on MinGWboka man13 Sep
  • Re: MySQL++ on MinGWWarren Young13 Sep
    • Re: MySQL++ on MinGWZahroof Mohamed13 Sep
      • RE: MySQL++ on MinGWPatrick McMichael13 Sep
        • Re: MySQL++ on MinGWZahroof Mohamed13 Sep
          • Re: MySQL++ on MinGWWarren Young13 Sep
            • Re: MySQL++ on MinGWWarren Young13 Sep
            • Re: MySQL++ on MinGWZahroof Mohamed13 Sep
              • Re: MySQL++ on MinGWWarren Young13 Sep
                • RE: MySQL++ on MinGWPatrick McMichael14 Sep
                  • Re: MySQL++ on MinGWWarren Young15 Sep