List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:September 13 2005 5:18pm
Subject:Re: MySQL++ on MinGW
View as plain text
Patrick McMichael wrote:
> 	I'm sure there is a bigger community than Warren believes who would
> appreciate having MySQL++ work in MinGW.

If there is such a large community, why do my posts for help with MinGW
go without response?  Why did it take me threatening to remove it to get
even this much response?

I don't give a tinker's damn about MinGW.  But MySQL++ works on lots of
other platforms that I don't care about, simply because someone else
submitted the info I needed to make it work.  So you see, my platform
biases do not matter.  The only thing that matters is whether there are
active contributors in the community to support it.

If you want it to happen, _you_ need to make it happen.

> 	I, too, am like you in that I don't always understand all that they
> talk about on this mailing-list, but I've learned that's okay.

Yes, this attitude is okay, as long as you're willing to wait for
someone else to fix the problem.  Until a fix appears, why does it
matter if I remove MinGW support?  Such a decision is not permanent.

> Warren, have you considered moving to a product like Bakefile?

Chris Frey would pitch a fit.  :)

You might be asking yourself why that matters.  It's simple: Chris
contributes, so I care what he thinks.  I may be Ultra Supreme Dictator
of MySQL++, but I listen to such people.  If you or Zahroof starts
contributing MinGW help, you get a seat on the advisory panel, too.
Thread
MySQL++ on MinGWboka man13 Sep
  • Re: MySQL++ on MinGWWarren Young13 Sep
    • Re: MySQL++ on MinGWZahroof Mohamed13 Sep
      • RE: MySQL++ on MinGWPatrick McMichael13 Sep
        • Re: MySQL++ on MinGWZahroof Mohamed13 Sep
          • Re: MySQL++ on MinGWWarren Young13 Sep
            • Re: MySQL++ on MinGWWarren Young13 Sep
            • Re: MySQL++ on MinGWZahroof Mohamed13 Sep
              • Re: MySQL++ on MinGWWarren Young13 Sep
                • RE: MySQL++ on MinGWPatrick McMichael14 Sep
                  • Re: MySQL++ on MinGWWarren Young15 Sep