List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Zahroof Mohamed Date:September 13 2005 4:30pm
Subject:Re: MySQL++ on MinGW
View as plain text
On 9/13/05, Patrick McMichael <p.s.mcmichael@stripped> wrote:

> Zahroof,
> I'm sure there is a bigger community than Warren believes who would
> appreciate having MySQL++ work in MinGW. I would also be very interested
> in
> hearing if you have been able to compile anything in the version 2.0 or
> later branches in MinGW into a working DLL, and if so, what steps you took
> to do that. I worked on this project for about a month trying to
> accomplish
> just that, and have recently given up; realizing that it will take someone
> quite beyond my skillset and more adept in dealing with "DLL hell".

 I plan to download the version 2.0x software soon and see if I can work
with it. Problem is that Warren is so active that every week almost there is
a new release. When I'm ready to work on my project, I'd like to download
the stable release of MySQL++ and work with that. If I'm successful I'll let
you know what I had to do.

 My need for MySQL++ to compile with MinGW into a workable DLL is
> that the rest of my code uses MinGW and I can't make MinGW link to any
> msvc
> compiled DLLs. Again, DLL hell.

  By the way, I'm using Parinya software's IDE to do my work. I tried out
Dev C++ at one point and had some problems. I've found that I need to
recompile everything that I'd like to link to on the version of MinGW's gcc
compilers for it to link properly. I am not trying to mix dll's created with
msvc++ with MinGW c++ dlls. I'm also using FORTRAN dlls compiled with the
same version of gcc in my project. I'm sure not many people here have to
deal with FORTRAN...
 Zahroof Mohamed
Senior Engineer, R&D
Cooper Compression

Thread
MySQL++ on MinGWboka man13 Sep
  • Re: MySQL++ on MinGWWarren Young13 Sep
    • Re: MySQL++ on MinGWZahroof Mohamed13 Sep
      • RE: MySQL++ on MinGWPatrick McMichael13 Sep
        • Re: MySQL++ on MinGWZahroof Mohamed13 Sep
          • Re: MySQL++ on MinGWWarren Young13 Sep
            • Re: MySQL++ on MinGWWarren Young13 Sep
            • Re: MySQL++ on MinGWZahroof Mohamed13 Sep
              • Re: MySQL++ on MinGWWarren Young13 Sep
                • RE: MySQL++ on MinGWPatrick McMichael14 Sep
                  • Re: MySQL++ on MinGWWarren Young15 Sep