List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Patrick McMichael Date:September 13 2005 4:14pm
Subject:RE: MySQL++ on MinGW
View as plain text
Zahroof,
	I'm sure there is a bigger community than Warren believes who would
appreciate having MySQL++ work in MinGW.  I would also be very interested in
hearing if you have been able to compile anything in the version 2.0 or
later branches in MinGW into a working DLL, and if so, what steps you took
to do that.  I worked on this project for about a month trying to accomplish
just that, and have recently given up; realizing that it will take someone
quite beyond my skillset and more adept in dealing with "DLL hell".
	I, too, am like you in that I don't always understand all that they
talk about on this mailing-list, but I've learned that's okay.  If I can get
a fix working, Warren is always very willing to help and try to incorporate
it into the trunk.  We just need a fix!
	My need for MySQL++ to compile with MinGW into a workable DLL is
that the rest of my code uses MinGW and I can't make MinGW link to any msvc
compiled DLLs.  Again, DLL hell.
	Warren, have you considered moving to a product like Bakefile?  I
know that it is still in Beta, but I thought it seemed like it could solve a
lot of problems you've been discussing with dealing with different native
makefiles (it can even generate those VS project files, to keep Chris Frey
happy).  It worked well for me in MinGW in compiling and linking wxWidgets
(via DLL).

-Patrick