List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:September 13 2005 3:06pm
Subject:Re: MySQL++ on MinGW
View as plain text
boka man wrote:
> i am working on Dev C++ to write a simple mysql++ program.

The next version of MySQL++ will not even have MinGW support, because it
doesn't make sense to use it right now.

The primary problem is that MinGW cannot make a working DLL version of
MySQL++.  You can find a detailed problem report by searching the
mailing list for posts I've made on MinGW previously.  I cannot tell you
anything beyond that.  I don't use MinGW myself, so I have little
personal interest in spending more time on the problem.  If someone gets
it working, my next argument will collapse, so I will probably put MinGW
support back into MySQL++.

The secondary problem is that keeping MinGW support in MySQL++ means it
is only good for LGPL or GPL programs.  Since the primary reason to use
MinGW is to avoid the GPL problems with Cygwin, I don't see any rational
reason to use MinGW and MySQL++ as long as the DLL problem remains.
Even if there is some rational reason to use MinGW for GPL or LGPL
programs instead of Cygwin, it's still a tiny minority of MySQL++ users.
  I will not keep a broken feature in MySQL++ just to support a tiny
minority.

Is there some reason you cannot use one of the free versions of Visual
C++ mentioned in the MySQL++ FAQ?
Thread
MySQL++ on MinGWboka man13 Sep
  • Re: MySQL++ on MinGWWarren Young13 Sep
    • Re: MySQL++ on MinGWZahroof Mohamed13 Sep
      • RE: MySQL++ on MinGWPatrick McMichael13 Sep
        • Re: MySQL++ on MinGWZahroof Mohamed13 Sep
          • Re: MySQL++ on MinGWWarren Young13 Sep
            • Re: MySQL++ on MinGWWarren Young13 Sep
            • Re: MySQL++ on MinGWZahroof Mohamed13 Sep
              • Re: MySQL++ on MinGWWarren Young13 Sep
                • RE: MySQL++ on MinGWPatrick McMichael14 Sep
                  • Re: MySQL++ on MinGWWarren Young15 Sep