List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:September 1 2005 5:59pm
Subject:Re: VC++ users: new proposed requirement for GNU make
View as plain text
Chris Frey wrote:

> I don't see why that's annoying, but it's not my intention.

Because the new system was created to simplify things.  If we then have
makemake plus everything else we had in v1.7, all we've done is
complexify things further.  I then have to try convincing people to
ignore the comfort of project files and do it my way.

If there are no project files and the policy is clear that there never
will be, simplicity is maintained.

On another note, you may be interested to know that you can download
nightly Subversion repository dumps.  See the new fetch-backup script.
If you decide you still want a local repository, it might be nicer for
you to just load up a copy of the most recent dump instead of
maintaining a completely separate repository.
Thread
VC++ users: new proposed requirement for GNU makeWarren Young29 Aug
  • Re: VC++ users: new proposed requirement for GNU makeChris Frey29 Aug
    • Re: VC++ users: new proposed requirement for GNU makeWarren Young30 Aug
      • Re: VC++ users: new proposed requirement for GNU makeChris Frey30 Aug
        • Re: VC++ users: new proposed requirement for GNU makeWarren Young31 Aug
          • Re: VC++ users: new proposed requirement for GNU makeChris Frey31 Aug
            • Re: VC++ users: new proposed requirement for GNU makeWarren Young31 Aug
              • Re: VC++ users: new proposed requirement for GNU makeChris Frey1 Sep
                • Re: VC++ users: new proposed requirement for GNU makeWarren Young1 Sep
    • Re: VC++ users: new proposed requirement for GNU makeThomas Werth30 Aug
      • Re: VC++ users: new proposed requirement for GNU makeWarren Young31 Aug
        • Re: VC++ users: new proposed requirement for GNU makeThomas Werth31 Aug