List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Frey Date:August 31 2005 11:24pm
Subject:Re: VC++ users: new proposed requirement for GNU make
View as plain text
On Tue, Aug 30, 2005 at 11:17:54PM -0600, Warren Young wrote:
> Chris Frey wrote:
> >I'll even maintain that directory so you can ignore it completely, if you
> >like, and be the contact person for project files and package build
> >scripts, so even a "string of volunteers" can contribute through me.
>
> I won't try to stop you if you do this, but I will admit to being a
> little annoyed by it.  But programmers being annoyed by "the users" is
> normal, so don't mind me.  :)

I don't see why that's annoying, but it's not my intention.  I'll just
wait and see if the complaints keep coming to see if contrib/ is worth it.

> It's been useful in the past for you to check my work, but I hope you
> don't feel compelled to do it.  A lot of the proposed changes for
> MySQL++ are quite parallelizable, especially now that we've gotten all
> the major archtecture changes out of the way for a while.

It's just the way I work.  I like making sure code is correct and secure,
and I don't think there's enough of that in the open source world.  I know
you do that for my bits of code too, so it's all good.

- Chris

Thread
VC++ users: new proposed requirement for GNU makeWarren Young29 Aug
  • Re: VC++ users: new proposed requirement for GNU makeChris Frey29 Aug
    • Re: VC++ users: new proposed requirement for GNU makeWarren Young30 Aug
      • Re: VC++ users: new proposed requirement for GNU makeChris Frey30 Aug
        • Re: VC++ users: new proposed requirement for GNU makeWarren Young31 Aug
          • Re: VC++ users: new proposed requirement for GNU makeChris Frey31 Aug
            • Re: VC++ users: new proposed requirement for GNU makeWarren Young31 Aug
              • Re: VC++ users: new proposed requirement for GNU makeChris Frey1 Sep
                • Re: VC++ users: new proposed requirement for GNU makeWarren Young1 Sep
    • Re: VC++ users: new proposed requirement for GNU makeThomas Werth30 Aug
      • Re: VC++ users: new proposed requirement for GNU makeWarren Young31 Aug
        • Re: VC++ users: new proposed requirement for GNU makeThomas Werth31 Aug