List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Patrick McMichael Date:August 29 2005 9:21pm
Subject:RE: more mingw build problems
View as plain text
Based on your comments, I tried the following change to the lib/ and
examples/ Makefile.mingw file:

I changed:

CXXFLAGS=-Ic:\mysql\include -I.. -DMYSQLPP_NO_DLL -O2 -c

to:

CXXFLAGS=-I/c/mysql/include -I.. -DMYSQLPP_NO_DLL -O2 -c

And it "seems" to have compiled alright!

Examples and linker paths all had to be changed from c:\ to the /c/ type
format.  Not sure if this will help anyone else, but it's what got it to
almost work for me.  I say almost because now I'm getting the following
linker error when it tries to build the examples:

MySQL++ library built successfully.
g++ -L..\lib -L/c/mysql/lib/gcc -L../lib  resetdb.o util.o -oresetdb.exe
-lmysqlpp -lmysqlclient
../lib/libmysqlpp.a(connection.o)(.text+0x395):connection.cpp: undefined
reference to `mysql_shutdown@4'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make.exe: *** [resetdb.exe] Error 1

I am quite sure that the mysqlpp static library is named libmysqlpp.a and is
in the ../lib directory, the mysql client dll is named libmysqlclient.dll
and is located in the second path listed in the system PATH variable, the
libmysqlclient.a import library to the mysql client dll is named
libmysqlclient.a and is in the /c/mysql/lib/gcc directory.  Am I missing
something?  I have redeveloped the libmysqlclient.a file using dlltool off
of the libmysqlclient.dll, exactly as outlined in the README.mingw file.

Any more ideas?

Thanks,

-Patrick