List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:August 29 2005 6:21pm
Subject:VC++ users: new proposed requirement for GNU make
View as plain text
The recent changeover to the makemake system hasn't been received
uncritically.  Some of the problems people have with it could be fixed
if I mandated the use of GNU make.  It allows Makefiles that are much
more expressive than supported by Microsoft's nmake.

There are several sources for GNU make for Win32, so I don't see how
anyone can claim this prereq as a hardship.  If you disagree, let me
know...I'm not set on this course yet.
Thread
VC++ users: new proposed requirement for GNU makeWarren Young29 Aug
  • Re: VC++ users: new proposed requirement for GNU makeChris Frey29 Aug
    • Re: VC++ users: new proposed requirement for GNU makeWarren Young30 Aug
      • Re: VC++ users: new proposed requirement for GNU makeChris Frey30 Aug
        • Re: VC++ users: new proposed requirement for GNU makeWarren Young31 Aug
          • Re: VC++ users: new proposed requirement for GNU makeChris Frey31 Aug
            • Re: VC++ users: new proposed requirement for GNU makeWarren Young31 Aug
              • Re: VC++ users: new proposed requirement for GNU makeChris Frey1 Sep
                • Re: VC++ users: new proposed requirement for GNU makeWarren Young1 Sep
    • Re: VC++ users: new proposed requirement for GNU makeThomas Werth30 Aug
      • Re: VC++ users: new proposed requirement for GNU makeWarren Young31 Aug
        • Re: VC++ users: new proposed requirement for GNU makeThomas Werth31 Aug