List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Thomas Werth Date:August 25 2005 1:36pm
Subject:Re: RELEASE: v2.0.3
View as plain text

Warren Young schrieb:
> Thomas Werth wrote:
>

>> I'll wait for 2.0.3a.
>

> It's ready.
>
>> In Team based development each dev/pc has different install dir for
>> mysqlpp.
>

> IMHO, that's the real problem you should be solving.  A team without
> standards isn't much of a "team".

It's a question about where to stop boundings of standards. Extension
Path is something that shouldn't belong to a project. It's important to
access extensions but not in a special path. You surely won't shrink
mysql++ down to only use one fixed sql statement, so requirement is to
supply a valid sql statement. Same here. No matter where Studio will
find extension important is to find them.

>> Having one dir for debug and release both
>> needs to be added . Now order counts.
>

> The same "problem" occurs with the C API library.

well i don't know any std C API lib which needs to be linked dynamic.
Static ones don't matter only in case i'd like to step into them while
debugging.

>> Forcing each pc to use same install dir is not an option to me.
>

> Why not?

IMHO a project should stay and fall depending on fixed extension path.

i can't see advantage of your option indeed you although have to force
every team member to exactly use given fixed pathes. Anyways this seems
to get offtopic, i don't wanna bother list with my point of view ;)

To come back to topic :
One more suggestion to new make system: It would be nice to have option
to link debug mysqlpp against debug libmysql.lib .

btw. it would be nice if debug files would be stored in debug folder
same way done like release files. So src will keep clean.

Will make clean in future clean all ( including release )

I should stop now digging into batch you may get wrong impression.
I like the work you did else i won't spend my time to "particpate" ;)

have a nice day
Thread
RELEASE: v2.0.3Warren Young25 Aug
  • Re: RELEASE: v2.0.3Thomas Werth25 Aug