List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:ZeeGeek Date:August 23 2005 5:24pm
Subject:Re: How to store files
View as plain text
On 8/24/05, Haines, Charles A. <HainesCA@stripped> wrote:
> To be honest, storing files in a database is a big debate.  I wouldn't
> recommend storing the files in the database as it causes the database to
> become huge very quick.  Rather another solution would be to store the files
> in a directory structure and store a file path in the database.  This method
> keeps the database small, while maintaining the file structure.

yeah, I was thinking about that. I think I'll follow your suggestion.

> --chuck
>
> --
> Charles Haines
> Software Engineer / QA
> Remote Sensing Lab - Andrews
> ------------------------------
> Phone: (301) 817-3409
> Pager: (800) 759-8888 #1209278
> Email: hainesca@stripped
> ------------------------------
>
> This e-mail and any attachments may contain privacy act information. If you
> received this message in error or are not the intended recipient, you should
> destroy this message and any attachments, and you are prohibited from
> retaining, distributing, disclosing, or using any information contained
> herein.  Please inform us of the erroneous delivery by return e-mail.  Thank
> you for your cooperation.

Dell Inspiron 600m
Pentium-M 1.6G
512MB, 60G
ATI 9000 Mobility
Thread
How to store filesZeeGeek23 Aug
  • Re: How to store filesWarren Young24 Aug
RE: How to store filesCharles A. Haines23 Aug
  • Re: How to store filesZeeGeek23 Aug
  • Re: How to store filesChris Frey23 Aug
  • Re: How to store filesWarren Young24 Aug