List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Charles A. Haines Date:August 23 2005 5:07pm
Subject:RE: How to store files
View as plain text
To be honest, storing files in a database is a big debate.  I wouldn't
recommend storing the files in the database as it causes the database to
become huge very quick.  Rather another solution would be to store the files
in a directory structure and store a file path in the database.  This method
keeps the database small, while maintaining the file structure.

--chuck

--
Charles Haines
Software Engineer / QA

This e-mail and any attachments may contain privacy act information. If you
received this message in error or are not the intended recipient, you should
destroy this message and any attachments, and you are prohibited from
retaining, distributing, disclosing, or using any information contained
herein.  Please inform us of the erroneous delivery by return e-mail.  Thank
you for your cooperation.