List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:August 19 2005 9:13pm
Subject:Re: problems using mysql++ > 2.0.0
View as plain text
Thomas Werth wrote:

> I figured out how to set up makefile.vc to produce a mysqlppd.lib and
> mysqlppd.dll for use in debug version of linked app.
>
> Here's snippelt, path need to be adapted :

Thanks for sending that.  Next time, please send it in diff format as
described in the HACKERS file that comes with the MySQL++ tarball.

> Still INST_DIR Var seems to be useless cause no "vc" is created ...

Did you say "make install"?  I tested that here before releasing 2.0.2,
and it worked for me.

> maybe you can include in next distribution some kind of my appended
> makefile so users simply can rename between release and Debug makefiles
> whereas release may stay as default.

I doubt that I will use your patch as-is.  I want to make it easy to get
both a debug and a release version with a single "make" command, with
the output files (*.obj, *.dll...) separated out in subdirectories like
the VC++ IDE does.

Your patch will still help, though, because I need the proper build flags.
Thread
problems using mysql++ > 2.0.0Thomas Werth18 Aug
  • Re: problems using mysql++ > 2.0.0Warren Young18 Aug
    • Re: problems using mysql++ > 2.0.0Thomas Werth19 Aug
      • Re: problems using mysql++ > 2.0.0Warren Young19 Aug
Re: problems using mysql++ > 2.0.0Thomas Werth18 Aug
  • Re: problems using mysql++ > 2.0.0Warren Young18 Aug