List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:August 18 2005 7:25pm
Subject:Re: Compile Error on QNX 6.3 (was: RELEASE: v2.0.2)
View as plain text
Haines, Charles A. wrote:
> custom1.cpp: In function `void populate_stock(stock*, const mysqlpp::Row&)
>    [with mysqlpp::sql_dummy_type dummy = sql_dummy]':
> custom1.cpp:56:   instantiated from here
> custom1.cpp:56: error: invalid static_cast from type `const
> mysqlpp::ColData'
>    to type `std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>,
>    std::allocator<char> >'

Ugh.  This sort of error is difficult to track down.  The culprit is
probably buried deep within custom-macros.h.

If you're not going to use SSQLS, it's probably best to just ignore it.

> if I could disable the examples (if they have no bearing
> on using the MySQL++ library), I will.

It's helpful if you can run resetdb and the simple* examples at least,
to test the library.  Since you're getting to custom1 before you have
problems, these examples are already built.

> I tried --disable-examples, but that didn't work.

I don't see why not.  It works here.

Near the end of the configure script output, you should see "will NOT
build examples".  Do you?
Thread
RE:Compile Error on QNX 6.3 (was: RELEASE: v2.0.2)Charles A. Haines18 Aug
  • Re: Compile Error on QNX 6.3 (was: RELEASE: v2.0.2)Warren Young18 Aug