List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:August 18 2005 5:19pm
Subject:Re: Crashes and memory corruption
View as plain text
Björn Persson wrote:
> I'm pretty sure you don't want any patches from me until I actually know
> something that isn't documented. :-)

The best way to learn something thoroughly is to put yourself in a
position where you must explain it to someone else.  I've probably
learned more about MySQL++ since I started updating the documentation
than in the prior year or so of just using it.

> Interesting. The question is then: What caused the problems I had earlier, and
> why did they go away when I stopped returning Results and Rows from
> functions?

I don't know.  Boil the problem you are seeing down to a small test
case, and I will know if it's a documentation weakness or a MySQL++ bug.

>>You're in a better position to debug this than I am...a live program
>>yields more info than the backtrace of a dead one.
>
> Yes, but I lack the necessary experience.

Perhaps, but I'll bet you're capable of acquiring that experience.
Thread
Crashes and memory corruptionBjörn Persson16 Aug
  • Re: Crashes and memory corruptionWarren Young16 Aug
    • Re: Crashes and memory corruptionBjörn Persson17 Aug
      • Re: Crashes and memory corruptionWarren Young17 Aug
        • Re: Crashes and memory corruptionBjörn Persson18 Aug
          • Re: Crashes and memory corruptionThomas Werth18 Aug
          • Re: Crashes and memory corruptionWarren Young18 Aug
        • Re: Crashes and memory corruptionBjörn Persson25 Nov
          • Re: Crashes and memory corruptionWarren Young15 Dec
            • Re: Crashes and memory corruptionBjörn Persson15 Dec
Re: Crashes and memory corruptionJan Busch20 Dec
  • Re: Crashes and memory corruptionChris Frey20 Dec
Re: Crashes and memory corruptionJan Busch21 Dec