List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:August 18 2005 4:00pm
Subject:Re: V2.0.1 & VS2003/2005 qry=new Query(con) => conn inside query
out ...
View as plain text
np@stripped wrote:
> Qry object does not contain a correct conn_ pointer.

That's not very helpful.  What makes you think it is not valid?  Is it
valid right after you create the Query object?  At what point does it
become invalid?

> PS : i'm not able to run 'makemake vc',

Sorry, make.bat was accidentally left out of the distribution.  I've
attached the current version.

I am sending this to the mailing list.  Please do not email me directly.
  This sort of thing belongs on the mailing list, where others can
benefit from this exchange.

> Code :
>
> try {
> 		con = new Connection(use_exceptions);
> 		con->connect(DB_NAME,DB_HOST,DB_USER_NAME,DB_PASSWORD);
> 		if(con!=NULL) {
> 			qry = new Query(con);
> a "standalone" usable class
> 		}
> 		if(con == NULL || con->connected()==false) {
> 			Log::AddLog("ERROR Connection failed to MYSQL Server");
>  			return false;
> 		}
> 	}
> catch (BadQuery er ) {
> 	Log::AddLog("ERROR while connecting to MYSQL Server" + String(er.what()));
> 		return false;
> 	}
> 	return true;

That looks perfectly reasonable to me.  What part of it fails?

@echo off

rem Command line parsing
:reparse
if not exist lib\Makefile goto error
if "%1" == "clean" goto do_clean

rem Build the library file
cmd /c cd lib ^& make.bat %*
if errorlevel 1 goto end
echo.
echo MySQL++ library built successfully.
echo.
copy lib\*.dll examples > NUL

cmd /c cd examples ^& make.bat %*
if errorlevel 1 goto end
echo.
echo MySQL++ examples built successfully.
echo.
goto end

rem Remove generated files
:do_clean
if exist lib\Makefile cmd /c cd lib ^& make clean
del lib\Makefile lib\make.bat
if exist examples\Makefile cmd /c cd examples ^& make clean
del examples\Makefile examples\make.bat
shift
if "%1" NEQ "" goto reparse
goto end

rem Display error message
:error
echo.
echo You must run makemake first!
goto end

:end

Thread
Re: V2.0.1 & VS2003/2005 qry=new Query(con) => conn inside queryout ...Warren Young18 Aug